Jamie L. Filipovic
- Professional Overview
Jamie Filipovic is a Partner in the Chicago O’Hagan Meyer office. She has been a litigator for 20 years and divides her practice between labor and employment law, biometric and privacy complex class actions, professional liability and sports and entertainment law. Ms. Filipovic is also an NFL agent.
Ms. Filipovic provides a full spectrum of labor and employment-related services to her employer-clientele. She successfully represents employers nationwide in a broad range of high stakes litigation matters in federal and state courts, as well as administrative agencies such as the EEOC, the Department of Labor and the Illinois Department of Human Rights in matters involving discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, FLSA, and wage and hour disputes and class and collective actions. She regularly guides management through anti-union campaigns, union negotiations, union audits and defends management in union arbitrations and NLRB matters. She also offers counseling on various labor and employment issues, performs internal investigations and advises clients regarding compliance, drafting of employee handbooks, policies and personnel materials.
Ms. Filipovic leads the firm’s complex class action and biometric privacy practice group, which provides clients with Biometric Information Privacy Act (“BIPA”) and tech related client counseling and compliance and defends technology providers and employers in over 80 BIPA class actions. She also defends companies in TCPA class actions. Her experience in complex class actions and privacy law has made her one of the leading lawyers in this practice area.
Ms. Filipovic has been recognized as a top Illinois litigator. She has been named by Illinois Super Lawyers as an Illinois “Rising Star” for seven years (only 2.5% of lawyers are selected, named through per nominations and independent research) and was recently recognized as a Super Lawyer in 2021-2022. She is also an appointee of Chicago’s 47th Ward Judicial Recommendation Committee.
Ms. Filipovic is also a certified NFL Agent representing NFL football players in a full range of services, including contract negotiations, endorsements, public relations and marketing. She is a leader in the Sports & Entertainment Practice Group, and actively involved with emerging issues with Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) opportunities available to student athletes - counseling NIL Collectives, Universities, Sponsors, and Student Athletes.
Ms. Filipovic is admitted to practice in the State of Illinois and Wisconsin, the Northern District of Illinois and the Northern District of Texas and has been admitted pro hac vice in various state courts throughout the United States.
- Practice Areas
- Architects & Engineers
- Biometric Privacy Group
- Certified NFLPA NFL Agents
- Class & Collective Actions
- Commercial & Business Litigation
- Defense of COVID-19 Matters
- Directors & Officers
- Financial Services and Securities Industry Litigation and Enforcement
- Homeowners/Condominium Associations
- Labor & Employment
- Medical Malpractice
- Professional Liability
- Real Estate Professionals/Appraisers/Title Agents/Inspectors
- Sports & Entertainment
- Education and Admissions
- University of Michigan
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D.
- Member: U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Member: U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Member: Sports Lawyers Association
- Member: Professional Liability Attorney Network (PLAN)
- Member: Professional Liability Underwriter’s Society (PLUS)
- Member of Labor and Employment Committee: Chicago Bar Association
- Member of Professional Liability Committee & Women in the Law Committee: DRI
- Member: Illinois Woman’s Bar Association
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- Honored as Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, for years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019, and a Super Lawyer in 2021-2022.
- Awarded as Premier 100 Trial Attorneys for Illinois by the American Academy of Trial Attorneys (AATA), (2015)