Jamie L. Filipovic is a Partner in the Chicago O’Hagan Meyer office. She divides her practice between labor employment law, professional liability defense and the representation of NFL athletes.
Jamie provides a full spectrum of labor and employment-related services to her employer-clientele. Jamie successfully represents management in various administrative, state and federal tribunal proceedings in cases involving discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, FLSA wage and hour claims, including both class/collective actions and single plaintiff litigation. She also offers counseling and internal investigation during lay-offs, RIFs, terminations, disciplinary action or hiring, and negotiates employment contracts and severance packages. She advises clients regarding employee-related written policies such as employee handbooks and disciplinary policies.
Jamie is a certified NFL Agent and provides a full range of services to her NFL player clientele, including contract negotiations, endorsements, public relations and marketing.
She also successfully represents large corporations, small to mid-size businesses, insurance and financial services companies, real estate professionals, medical professionals and not-for-profit corporations, including Condominium Associations and Board of Directors in various professional liability litigation and other matters.
Jamie is admitted to practice in the State of Illinois, the Northern District of Illinois and the Northern District of Texas and has been admitted pro hac vice in various state courts throughout the United States.
Jamie is an active member of the Sports Lawyers Association, Illinois Woman’s Bar Association, Professional Liability Attorney Network (PLAN), Professional Liability Underwriter’s Society (PLUS), and the Chicago Bar Association where she is a member of the Labor and Employment Committee. She also serves as an active Member of the DRI’s Professional Liability Committee and is a member of DRI’s Women in the Law Committee. Jamie is an active member of the Chicago community. She is the Co-VP of Personnel of the Junior League of Chicago, where she also chairs the Women’s Lawyer League.
Jamie earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. She received her Juris Doctor from the DePaul University School of Law, Chicago, where she was an Editor for the DePaul University College of Law Journal of Healthcare Law and the DePaul Business Law Journal.
- Member: U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Member: U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- Member: Sports Lawyers Association
- Member: Professional Liability Attorney Network (PLAN)
- Member: Professional Liability Underwriter’s Society (PLUS)
- Member of Labor and Employment Committee: Chicago Bar Association
- Member of Professional Liability Committee & Women in the Law Committee: DRI
- Member: Illinois Woman’s Bar Association
- O’Hagan Meyer Attorneys Jamie Filipovic and Katherine Gloede Win Dismissal with Prejudice in an Employment Retaliation Case
- Jamie Filipovic and Kevin O’Hagan Sign Kicker to Tennessee Titans
- Jamie Filipovic and Julie Pearce Win Summary Judgment on Federal Employment Discrimination Claim
- Jamie Filipovic and Julie Pearce Get Dismissal for Chicago Based Cooperative
- Jamie Filipovic and Julie Pearce Win Summary Judgment
- Honored as Rising Star, Illinois Super Lawyers, for years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, as Published in Chicago Magazine (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 editions).
- Awarded as Premier 100 Trial Attorneys for Illinois by The American Academy of Trial Attorneys (AATA), (2015).
- Presenter – “Application Fraud: An Illinois Case Study”, National Society of Professional Investigators (NSPII) (June 25, 2009). Chicago, IL.
- Presenter – “The Tripartite Relationship: Navigating the tight rope around the Bermuda Triangle When Defending EPL Claims”, Professional Liability Network (PLAN) (October 10, 2012). Chicago, IL.
- Presenter – Cyber Liability: Where are we Now and Where are we Going, Professional Liability Network (PLAN) (October 2015). Atlanta, GA.
- Presenter – Northwestern University Law School, Annual Sports Law Society Symposium, “How to Make it,” NFL Agent Panelist, (October 2015). Chicago, IL.