Jim has more than 28 years of experience in numerous areas including professional liability, construction accident litigation, pharmacy and medical malpractice, and litigation based on third party criminal acts. He handles all types of premises liability cases including slip-and-fall, falling merchandise and security such as false arrest and malicious prosecution.
An accomplished trial attorney, Jim is a Partner at the O’Hagan Meyer Chicago office. Jim has also tried cases before juries in the Northern, Southern and Central Districts in Illinois. In 2009 Jim passed the Indiana bar exam and was admitted to practice in Indiana.
Jim graduated from the University of Illinois in 1978 and obtained his law degree at The John Marshall Law School where he was on the Law Review.
- James P. Balog presents “Taking a Plaintiff Deposition” to O’Hagan LLC attorneys during Brown Bag Seminar“
- James Balog presents to Major National Retailer
- Defense Verdict for Major Retailer
- Jim has been named a SuperLawyer and an Illinois Super Lawyer (Chicago Magazine: 2012 and 2013 editions).
- Jim has also received an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell for his legal ability and ethics and was named a Leading Lawyer in personal injury defense law and alternative dispute resolution by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company.