- Professional Overview
Vickie Grasu focuses her practice on Labor and Employment litigation and administrative proceedings. She advises and represents employers on a wide variety of employment issues including wrongful discharge, retaliation claims, harassment, discrimination and wage and hour claims. Ms. Grasu has defended matters before many agencies, including the Department of Labor (DOL), Department of Fair Employment & Housing (DFEH) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Ms. Grasu routinely represents clients class actions and complex litigation in state and federal court. Ms. Grasu has vast experience in the area of wage and hour class actions. Ms. Grasu has defended a significant number of wage and hour class actions over the last several years. Ms. Grasu has also defended class action lawsuits brought under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
Ms. Grasu also works with in-house counsel and human resources personnel to provide advice and assistance in the areas of employee discipline, terminations, layoffs, and preventative measures such a policies and handbooks. Additionally, she conducts training seminars on a myriad of topics all related to employment issues and frequently speaks on employment law issues.
Ms. Grasu has handled matters involving director and officer liability, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and unfair competition.
Ms. Grasu obtained a Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution from Pepperdine School of Law’s Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution and has extensive experience mediating and arbitrating employment disputes on behalf of employers.
Ms. Grasu has authored numerous successful appellate briefs and has argued before the California Court of Appeal.
Ms. Grasu is admitted to practice in the State of California, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Central, Eastern, Southern, and Northern Districts of California.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, 2002
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Certificate, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University School of Law, 2002
- B.S., Political Science and Philosophy, Dean’s List, University of Southern California, 1998
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Defense Research Institute: Labor and Employment Law Committee
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association: Labor and Employment
- Professionals in Human Resources Association
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- California Implements Statewide “Ban the Box” Law, November, 2017
- California On-Duty Meal Period – Not A Waiver of a Meal Period!, April, 2015
- California Public Works Projects and Prevailing Wage Laws, June 2014
- “New 2014 California Employment Laws: Developments Affecting Employee Wages and Benefits,” National Association of Women in Construction, January 2014
- “Overtime Laws – Employee Classifications, Payment Requirements and Calculations and Penalties,” Building Industry Association, August 2013
- “Misclassifying Workers and its Implications Under Current California Labor Law,” National Association of Women in Construction, June 2013