- Professional Overview
Stephan (Hobie) Andrews practice focuses on construction law, professional liability, regulatory services and intellectual property. Hobie represents architects, engineers, project owners, contractors, accountants and liability carriers in a variety of construction, professional liability, insurance coverage, employment and contract disputes, as well as in other matters. His practice is national in scope and includes mediation, arbitration, and litigation in state and federal courts.
Hobie served on the Board of Governors of the Virginia State Bar Construction Law Section and is a frequent lecturer on liability and risk management issues unique to architects, engineers, contractors, and accountants. Hobie has been recognized in Chambers USA as a "strong player" and "especially knowledgeable in construction claims involving engineers, architects and other design professionals." Among many other distinctions, he is Chairman Emeritus of the Board of Trustees for the Virginia Center for Architecture Foundation and, in recognition of significant and exemplary contributions to the profession of architecture, holds honorary memberships in AIA Virginia and AIA Richmond. Hobie helps teach the Construction Law class at the University of Virginia School of Law.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- B.S. – Civil Engineering, Virginia Military Institute
- J.D. – T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond
- District of Columbia
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- America “Lawyer of the Year": Litigation – Construction, Richmond (2013, 2019); Construction Law, Richmond (2016)
- Coastal Virginia Magazine, "Top Lawyers" (2018- present)
- Martindale-Hubbel AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating
- Thomas Reuters, “Super Lawyers" - Construction Litigation (2008-present)
- Virginia Lawyers Weekly, "Leader in the Law"
- Virginia Business, "Legal Elite" - Litigation, Construction Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution (2014-present)