Soojin Kang is a Partner in the Los Angeles office of O’Hagan Meyer. She has experience in all aspects of employment-related litigation, including defending and resolving wage and hour class actions and representative actions under the Private Attorneys General Act, claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and failure to accommodate, misclassification claims, non-compete and trade secret claims, and also employment law advice and counseling regarding policies, practices, payroll compliance. She has represented clients ranging from large corporations to individuals to public entities, in state and federal trial courts, appellate courts, and in administrative proceedings.
Ms. Kang’s practice also includes the defense of products liability claims and consumer class actions, including claims for false advertising, unfair competition, claims under the Consumers Legal Remedies Act, and other complex litigation including first party insurance claims and business litigation. Ms. Kang’s representative experiences include:
- Litigated and resolved wage and hour class actions, PAGA actions, and consumer class actions for clients in a wide variety of industries, including transportation, manufacturing, sales, insurance, consumer products, hospitality, and government contractors.
- Obtained defense verdict as second chair in four-week jury trial for a Fortune 500 company sued by a former Director of the company, alleging wrongful termination in violation of public policy and whistleblowing.
- Clawed back insurance company’s trade secret customer data from former agent and extracted financial settlement secured by confession of judgment and quitclaim deed.
- Defended manufacturer in mass tort cases brought by over eight hundred individual plaintiffs and negotiated favorable global resolutions over eight days of mediation.
- Expanded the enforceability of arbitration agreements containing class action waivers through litigation and appeals in multiple class actions, resulting in the seminal California Supreme Court decision, Sanchez v. Valencia Holding Co., LLC (2015) 61 Cal.4th 899.