- Professional Overview
Kevin is an accomplished litigator, representing employers in a wide variety of matters in both state and federal court, as well as administrative proceedings, involving Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, ban-the-box ordinances, state discrimination claims, conscientious employee claims, wage and hour claims, and common law claims involving breach of contract and wrongful termination. Kevin provides guidance to clients on compliance with federal and state labor laws as well as with regard to workplace accommodations, disciplinary matters, terminations and severance agreements. In addition, Kevin is a member of the Firm’s Sports & Entertainment Practice Group, which is focused on and involved with emerging issues such as Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) opportunities and issues and counseling NIL Collectives, Universities, Sponsors, and Student Athletes.
With a meticulous eye for detail, Kevin provides clients with personalized and proactive guidance. Clients can expect a strategic advocate committed to their success. Some of those successes include:
- Obtaining summary judgement on behalf of a residential development and management company in an action asserting FMLA interference and retaliation claims, ADA failure to accommodate and retaliation claims, and analogous claims under the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act;
- Obtaining summary judgment in a multi-plaintiff discrimination case involving claims for discrimination, substantive due process claims, and equal protection claims;
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of major university in a matter involving FMLA interference and retaliation claims;
- Obtaining dismissal of whistleblower claims relating to allegations of religious discrimination;
- Securing the transfer of a matter involving discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims from the District of New Jersey to the Eastern District of Pennsylvania with the related dismissal of Title VII retaliation and all New Law Against Discrimination claims; and
- Securing dismissal of disparate treatment and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims in a matter involving harassment and retaliation claims along with all claims asserted under Philadelphia’s Fair Practices Ordinance.
Kevin is an avid Philadelphia sports fan and Eagles season ticket holder. He also enjoys snowboarding in his free time. Kevin lives in South Philadelphia with his wife and their two children.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- J.D. from Villanova University, School of Law.
- B.A. from the College of the Holy Cross, Philosophy.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches