John E. Young, IV
John is a trial attorney and Partner at O'Hagan Meyer in the Boston office. His practice focuses on the defense of businesses and individuals in a wide variety of civil matters. He specializes in the defense of transportation companies (truck, rail, auto, bus, etc.), businesses, and insurance companies involving catastrophic personal injury cases. John focuses on the representation of railroads in the defense of FELA claims, grade crossing litigation, trespasser accidents, and toxic tort matters. His practice has been built on achieving consistently excellent results in a wide variety of difficult contexts and jurisdictions. John’s number one priority is to become an expert in his client's litigation needs, from the inside out, in order to fully determine the best practices necessary to resolve their disputes.He has been practicing law for more than 22 years. Prior to joining O’Hagan Meyer, he was a partner and shareholder at Flynn Wirkus Young in Braintree, MA. John has experience with the defense and handling of liability claims including professional malpractice, premises liability, automobile and land transport, and employment litigation. In each of these areas he represented a wide variety of professionals, municipalities, property owners, insurers, and for-profit and non-profit corporations, both insured and self-insured.John currently lives in Norwell, MA with his wife and two daughters.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
- B.A. from University of Rhode Island.
- J.D. from Suffolk University Law School.
- U.S. District Court of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court of Vermont
- U.S. District Court of of the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court of of the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court of of the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court of of the Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- New York