- Professional Overview
Steven Apel focuses his nationwide practice on complex insurance coverage and commercial litigation. Mr. Apel's complex insurance coverage practice involves counseling insurers, and litigating on their behalf, regarding a broad array of third- party liability insurance coverage disputes, including, pollution claims, products liability claims, mass tort claims, construction defect claims, professional liability claims, errors and omissions claims, aviation claims, premises liability claims, personal injury and advertising liability claims, and other third-party liability claims. His commercial litigation practice includes the litigation of disputes involving breach of contract, breach of warranty, business fraud, products liability, demands for injunctive relief, and other complex commercial claims.
Mr. Apel represents both primary and excess carriers and understands the unique opportunities and challenges both positions face when confronted with difficult claims. He has successfully navigated many high-value claims through receipt of the initial claim through judicial resolution or settlement, and takes pride in providing clients with creative, cost-effective solutions to tough problems.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- J.D. from The John Marshall Law School.
- B.B.A. from Loyola University, Chicago.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- Environmental Risk Management from an Engineer's Perspective, American Society of Civil Engineers ("ASCE") National Environmental Engineering Conference
- Update of Shop Drawing Preparation and Review Liability, and Related Insurance Coverage Issues, National Society of Professional Engineers (“NSPE”)