Perla Duvel is an attorney in the Labor & Employment Litigation Group. She has extensive experience in employment litigation and represents employers in a variety of employment-related matters including wage & hour issues, class actions, sexual harassment & discrimination, wrongful termination, retaliation, workplace investigations.
Prior to joining O'Hagan Meyer, Ms. Duvel worked for a boutique employment litigation firm in Santa Ana, California, representing employees and employers in civil actions, arbitrations and administrative matters involving wage & hour disputes, class actions, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, workplace discrimination (race, sex, age, medical condition, disability, etc.), retaliation & claims of failure to investigate, breaches of contract and other employment issues. She conducted numerous investigations into allegations of workplace misconduct on behalf of employers, provided employee & supervisor training and drafted workplace policies and handbooks.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
- B.S., University of California, at Irvine
- J.D., Western State College of Law
- Admitted to the State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District
Professional Organization Memberships
- California Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section, Member and former Chair
- California Lawyer’s Association, Labor & Employment Law Section, Member
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- Published Opinion: Jameson V. Five Feet Restaurant, Inc., Court of Appeal, Fourth District, Division 3, California. Labor Code Section 351 prohibits employers, managers and supervisors from collecting, taking or receiving gratuities, including those derived from a tip-pooling procedure
- Prior speaking engagements on the following topics: Sexual harassment in the Workplace, Workplace Harassment & Discrimination, Handling Employee Complaints, Conducting Investigations of Employee Complaints