Naomi Johnson is a partner in the Portland, Oregon office of O’Hagan Meyer and a member of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice. She focuses on employment law advice, litigation, and preventative counseling. Naomi represents employers on a wide range of employment law issues, including disability accommodations, leaves of absence, discrimination and harassment, restrictive covenants, wage and hour, terminations, and federal and state law compliance. She routinely advises employers on Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Defend Trade Secrets Act, and their Oregon and Washington State counterparts. She represents employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries, the Washington State Human Rights Commission, and has broad experience litigating employment claims in federal and state court. Naomi also works with her clients to train their management and staff on employment-related topics to ensure compliance with federal and state employment laws. She is known for her pragmatic and level-headed approach to solving employment disputes and brings tailored, out-of-the box solutions to bear for her clients. Before joining O’Hagan Meyer, Naomi was a partner at a prominent national law firm and a member of its Labor & Employment Practices Group. Naomi graduated summa cum laude from Brooklyn Law School, where she served as an Articles Editor of the Brooklyn Law Review. Following graduation, she clerked for the Honorable Karen Nelson Moore of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. When she’s not working, Naomi likes to spend time with her son and in the outdoors.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
- B.A. from George Washington University.
- J.D. from Brooklyn Law School, summa cum laude.
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- New York
Professional Organization Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar
- Washington State Bar Association
- Multnomah Bar Association
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- The Society for Human Resources Management
- The Portland Human Resources Management Association.
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel (Past Chair of the Employment Practice Group)
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- Best Lawyers in America (2020-2022, 2024)
- The Biden Administration: Friend or Foe? Labor and Employment Law Changes under the New Administration and Their Impact on Employers, Northwest Human Resource Management Association Conference Presentation, September 28, 2021
- Successful Hiring and Recruitment Steps, Mini Law School for HR Professionals NBI Seminar, November 13, 2020
- Returning to Work in the Time of COVID-19, Oregon State Bar Labor & Employment Action Webinar, July 8, 2020
- Rolling Forward, Rolling Back: The Ever Changing Legal Landscape for Employers, Northwest Human Resource Management Association Conference Presentation, September 5, 2018