- Professional Overview Madonna L. Devling is a partner in the Orange County office and is a member of the Labor & Employment Practice as well as the Premises Liability and Construction Practices. Madonna has extensive experience in civil litigation in state and federal courts and has represented a wide variety of clients including hotels, grocery stores, manufacturers, schools, hospitals, insurance companies and religious organizations. She handles a variety of matters including:
- Litigation, mediation and arbitration of wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, defamation and other employment related claims and lawsuits.
- Administrative investigations and hearings before the EEOC, the California Civil Rights Department, California Unemployment Appeals Board, and California Labor Commission.
- Advice to employers on compliance with employment related laws and creation of employee handbooks.
- Litigation and mediation of personal injury claims including construction site and premises liability accidents.
- Defense of general contractors and subcontractors against construction defect claims involving residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- B.A. from University of New York College at Geneseo, summa cum laude.
- J.D. from State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, cum laude.
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- The Advent of Mold Legislation in the United States, The Risk Management Letter, Vol. 23, Issue 4, 2002.