Katherine M. Rockwell
- Professional Overview
Katherine (“Katie”) Rockwell is an attorney in O’Hagan Meyer’s Richmond, Virginia office. Katie focuses her practice on representing professionals and businesses in all aspects of litigation, including healthcare professionals, design and construction professionals, accountants, property managers and other businesses. Her experience includes the defense of professional liability, malpractice, employment, fair housing, personal injury, products liability, commercial and general litigation matters. Katie regularly litigates in state and federal courts in Virginia and is admitted to practice in the Eastern and Western Districts.Prior to joining O’Hagan Meyer, she had the honor of serving as a law clerk to the Honorable W. Reilly Marchant and the Honorable Joi Jeter Taylor of the Richmond Circuit Court. Katie earned her J.D. from William & Mary Law School where she served as Notes Editor for the William & Mary Business Law Review and worked for the Lewis B. Puller, Jr. Veterans Benefits Clinic. In law school she also clerked for the United States Department of Justice in the Office of Vaccine Litigation, the Court of Appeals of Virginia, and a large healthcare system in Virginia.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- J.D., William & Mary Law School
- B.A., Fairfield University, summa cum laude
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Virginia State Bar
- Richmond Bar Association
- Metro Richmond Women's Bar Association
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- ABA Health Law Section & Bloomberg BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law
- 1st Place, 20th Annual Health Care and Life Sciences Writing Competition, Epstein, Becker & Green, P.C.
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Insurance Law and Policy
- William & Mary Graduate Research Fellow