John D. Purdy, Jr.
- Professional Overview
John D. Purdy, Jr. concentrates his practice in the representation of lenders and closely held businesses (for which he frequently functions as outside general counsel), and the owners of such businesses in business and personal matters. Among his clients are individuals, banks and asset-based lenders, financial intermediaries, software developers, a number of internet-based companies, and an independent records storage company. His experience and achievements include:
- Representation of lenders in all phases of real estate and asset-based loan transactions, including the negotiation and documentation of such loans.
- Involvement in business transactions of all kinds, including formation, operation and sale of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Representing owners and lessors and lessees of real estate in purchase, sale, lease and financing transactions, including purchase and sale agreements, office and industrial leases, architect and construction contracts and financing agreements.
- Advising his clients and their owners as to succession planning and estate planning issues and real estate partnerships.
In addition to his law practice, he was a principal in a closely held computer software company, which has given him a working knowledge of the business and legal issues facing software developers, as well as those encountered generally by small businesses and their owners.
An elected or appointed municipal official for more than 25 years, Mr. Purdy has lectured on land use and municipal topics at seminars presented by Prentice Hall and the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ILCLE).
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- University of Chicago Law School – J.D.
- Yale University – B.A.
- St. Paul's School
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Illinois State Bar and Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- AV Rated