- Professional Overview Jessica F. Hahn is a Senior Partner in the Orange County - Newport Beach office of O’Hagan Meyer LLP and is a veteran member of Labor & Employment Practices. Ms. Hahn’s practice is dedicated exclusively to representing and counseling employers in employment-related matters including litigation, appeals, risk management, policy preparation, discipline, and training. She routinely represents employers in State and Federal Courts in all aspects of employment-related litigation, and she has extensive experience taking and defending depositions, arguing before courts on pre-trial and trial law and motion matters, and drafting and arguing motions for summary judgment, and motions to compel arbitration. Ms. Hahn also represents employers before the California CRD (DFEH), DLSE, EDD, and the United States EEOC. She also provides preventive counseling to employers regarding all aspects of employment practices, including evaluating and negotiating settlements of pre-litigation matters, drafting and auditing employee handbooks, preparing employment agreements, presenting sexual harassment prevention seminars, and evaluating disciplinary and termination decisions.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- B.A. from University of Southern California
- J.D. from University of San Diego, School of Law.
- Legal Studies, University of Barcelona Law School.
- General Studies, Sorbonne Université.
- District Court Admissions
- All District Courts of California
- California Court of Appeal
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Association of Professional Women
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society – Women’s Leadership Network Steering Committee, 2012-2013
- USC Alumni Association
- USD School of Law Alumni Association
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches Professional Presentations
- Steve Smith / Taco Bell, Sexual Harassment Prevention and Training Seminar, Orange County, July 2019
- Orange County Association of Legal Administrators General Meeting, Santa Ana, May 2013 – The Culture Handbook – Adding Depth to Onboarding
- Anastasi Construction, June 2002 – Sexual Harassment Training
- Paul J. Dostart & Jessica A. Fortner - “Tax Practice in the Sunshine: Application of the Open Meetings Law to Non-Government Entities” California Tax Lawyer, Spring 1998
- Abassi v. Welke (2004) 118 Cal.App.4th 1353
- Gardenhire v. Housing Authority of Los Angeles (2000) 85 Cal.App.4th 236
- Cameon Morgan v. County of Orange – wrote, argued, and prevailed on motion for Defendant’s nonsuit