- Professional Overview Eileen Geller is an experienced litigator who represents clients in labor and employment matters, professional liability claims, tort defense, and media law. She has extensive experience in commercial litigation and general liability defense as a seasoned litigator. Ms. Geller regularly litigates in federal and state courts in Virginia and is admitted to practice in the Eastern and Western Districts as well as the Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
Ms. Geller received her B.S. in Broadcast Journalism from the S.I. Newhouse School at Syracuse University. She earned her J.D. from the University of Richmond’s School of Law where she was a member of the McNeill Law Society, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Law and Technology, and a member of the Saul Lefkowitz Trademark Moot Court Competition Team. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Geller worked as a television news producer, earning two regional Emmy Awards for her work at WWBT in Richmond, Virginia.
Ms. Geller actively volunteers in the legal field, representing indigent clients in family law matters and assisting non-profit organizations with legal disputes. In her free time, she serves as a past president and current Treasurer of the Richmond Audubon Society, an organization consisting of approximately 1,200 members in Central Virginia.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- J.D. from the University of Richmond, School of Law.
- B.S. from Syracuse University.
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, Annual Meeting Committee
- Metro Richmond Women’s Bar Association
- Board Member, Richmond Audubon - Past President & Treasurer
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- Article: True Confessions of a Collections Proceeding: How to Properly Use Virginia’s Confession of Judgment Statutes to Effectively Recover Past-due Debts, The Journal of Civil Litigation, Vol. XXIX, No. 4, Winter 20017-2018.
- Presentation: Technology and the Rise of the Pro-Se Appellant, Presentation 2017 Spring VADA Conference
- Presentation: Best Practices for Litigation Paralegals, 2011.