- Professional Overview Derek Sachs is the Managing Partner of O’Hagan Meyer’s Sacramento Office and a member of the Labor & Employment Practice. Mr. Sachs exclusively represents both public and private employers in all aspects of employment litigation, including cases in State and Federal court, along with claims before the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the Department of Industrial Relations, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Mr. Sachs has experience representing clients across various industries, including healthcare, trucking, manufacturing, recreation, construction, restaurants, and insurance, along with public entities such as Fire Districts and Water Districts. He has a particular focus on wage and hour class actions, with abundant experience in how to statistically analyze liability and damages in these complex matters. Mr. Sachs also routinely provides preventive counseling to employers through training sessions, drafting and auditing employment handbooks and policies, wage and hour audits, exemption classification reviews, and evaluating termination decisions.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- B.A. from Sacramento State University.
- J.D. from Pepperdine University.
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the 4th District, Division 2
- United States Court of Appeals for the 1st District 1
- United States Court of Appeals for the 3rd District
- Professional Organization Memberships California State Bar Association