- Professional Overview Dawn M. Rivera is a Partner in the Atlanta office of O’Hagan Meyer. She specializes in defending businesses and ERISA plans of all sizes against tort claims. She has extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts and has handled hundreds of claims and civil actions for a variety of companies, including a multi-national retailer, commercial motor carriers and common carriers, property managers and apartment complexes, automobile dealerships, and insurance companies. Previously, Dawn worked for a metro-Atlanta firm in its nationwide ERISA litigation practice group, as well as handling self-insured and insurance defense of tort claims all over Georgia. She has represented clients in every corner of the state, from pre-litigation investigation through the appellate courts. In law school, Dawn and two teammates won the Dean Jerome Prince Memorial Evidence Competition, an appellate moot court contest among students around the country. Outside of the office, Dawn is an active volunteer with several organizations, particularly in the East Atlanta neighborhood. She also enjoys kayaking and gardening.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- B.S. from University of Florida.
- J.D. from University of Tennessee College of Law, cum laude.
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- East Atlanta Community Association, Inc.