- Professional Overview Coreen Silverman is a partner in our Richmond, Virginia Office. Ms. Silverman has dedicated her entire legal career to defending healthcare providers facing allegations of malpractice, HIPAA violations, peer review and credentialing issues, civil rights violations, and regulatory misconduct. She has spent over 20 years trying over 50 cases to verdict and negotiating favorable settlements on behalf of medical providers. Ms. Silverman has successfully defended numerous §1983 civil rights claims brought against correctional health care providers, representing licensees before regulatory agencies; and assisting physicians in HIPAA, credentialing matters, and peer review investigations. Ms. Silverman’s dedication, passion and commitment to defending healthcare providers comes from personal experience. Prior to becoming a lawyer, Ms. Silverman was an accomplished critical care registered nurse who worked side-by-side with other health care providers saving lives. She has brought that same passion and dedication to defending healthcare providers in and out of the courtroom.Ms. Silverman has repeatedly been recognized by Virginia Lawyers Weekly for excellence in achieving top defense verdicts and has an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- B.S. from St. Joseph’s College, Brooklyn NY.
- J.D. from Case Western Reserve University.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
- Professional Organization Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- MPL Industry Defender Award, The Medical Professional Liability (MPL) Association, May 2022.
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, 2023.
- Martindale-Hubbell, Client Champion Silver, 2023.