- Professional Overview
Candace focuses her practice on employment litigation and counseling. She represents employers and management in a variety of employment disputes involving Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, whistleblower claims and common law claims involving breach of contract and wrongful termination. Candace regularly defends clients in administrative proceedings and in federal and state courts. She also counsels employers on workplace issues and compliance with employment laws and regulatory requirements.
In addition to her employment practice, Candace has significant litigation experience representing design and construction professionals in complex construction defect cases, defending public sector employers and governmental entities against municipal liability and civil rights claims, and litigating many other professional and general liability matters.
While working full-time, Candace earned her law degree from Widener University Delaware Law School where she was the Research Editor for Widener Law Review and a member of the Moot Court Honor Society. During law school, Candace received the award for Best Appellate Brief and placed second in the oral advocacy portion of the Distinguished Jurist Moot Court Competition. Candace was a two-time recipient of the annual Chadwick Constitutional Education Fellowship and received multiple awards in recognition of her pro bono service to the Philadelphia and Wilmington communities.
Candace obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, with a minor in Criminal Justice, from Temple University. She obtained her Associate of Science degree in Behavioral Science from Delaware County Community College where she graduated with High Honors.
Currently, Candace serves as Financial Secretary and Co-Chair of the Legal Education and Mentoring Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division. She regularly participates in various community outreach programs and access to justice initiatives to continue serving her local community. In her spare time, Candace enjoys woodworking and cycling throughout the city.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- Widener University Delaware Law School, J.D., 2018
- Temple University, B.A., 2014
- Delaware County Community College, A.S., 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Financial Secretary and Executive Committee member, Philadelphia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- The National Bar Association, Women Lawyers Division, Philadelphia Chapter
- The Barristers' Association of Philadelphia
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- 2020 Bar Star award recipient, Philadelphia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division