Angeli Aragon is a litigator with a practice focused on Labor & Employment and Intellectual Property.
Angeli provides defense in Labor & Employment matters involving wage and hour, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, trade secrets, employment contracts and unfair business practices, in state and federal courts and before governmental agencies (DOL, DFEH, EEOC). She assists clients in making employment and risk management decisions, and in conducting internal investigations. She handles the defense of class action and complex litigation matters. Angeli also provides defense in Intellectual Property matters involving copyright, trademark, trade secrets, defamation, right of publicity and unfair competition.
In addition, Angeli assists in appeals in various practice areas by authoring appellate briefs and writs, and presenting oral argument.
Angeli is admitted to practice in the State of California, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the U.S. District Court for the Central, Southern, and Northern Districts of California.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
After graduating from U.C.L.A. with a B.A. degree in Political Science, where she was a member of the Political Science Honor Society and a recipient of the Regents Academic Scholarship, Angeli continued her studies at the U.C.L.A. School of Law, where she graduated with a J.D. degree. While at the U.C.L.A. School of Law, Angeli was a member of the Moot Court Honors Program. Angeli also served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Cynthia Holcomb Hall of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Professional Organization Memberships
- President, Philippine American Bar Association of Los Angeles County (PABA), 2010-2011
- PABA: Advisory Board, 2012-present; Chairman of Board of Governors, 2011-2012; President Elect, 2009; Treasurer, 1998-2008
- PABA Foundation: Past Board Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association: Amicus Brief Committee Member
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association (APABA), Board of Governors, Past Board Member
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (WLALA)
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- “Wage Law Compliance 2013: Is There an App for That?” Montage Insurance Solutions, My HR Summit, Woodland Hills, California, April 2013
- “Top Tips for Preventing Harassment in the Workplace,” Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP national webinar, October 2012
- “Best Practices in Managing the ADA & FMLA,” Council on Education in Management’s Certificate Program in FMLA & ADA Compliance & Best Practice, June 2010
- Tagalog (Filipino)