- Professional Overview
Angeli Aragon focuses her practice on labor and employment litigation. She provides defense in a variety of employment matters including discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, and wage and hour claims. She assists clients in making employment and risk management decisions, and in conducting internal investigations. She defends against single and multi-plaintiff suits, class action suits and complex litigation matters.
Angeli also provides defense in litigation matters involving trade secrets, breach of contract, fraud, defamation, right of publicity, and unfair competition. She assists with appeals by authoring appellate briefs and writs, and by presenting oral argument before the California Court of Appeal.
Angeli practices in both state and federal courts, and before governmental agencies. She is admitted to practice before all California state courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the U.S. District Court for the Central, Southern, and Northern Districts of California.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- J.D., University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), School of Law
- B.A., UCLA
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Philippine American Bar Association of Los Angeles (PABA) - President
- Los Angeles County Bar Association: Amicus Brief Committee Member
- National Association Pacific American Bar Association, Asian Pacific American Bar Associatio
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA)
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- “Wage Law Compliance 2013: Is There an App for That?” Montage Insurance Solutions, My HR Summit, Woodland Hills, California, April 2013
- “Top Tips for Preventing Harassment in the Workplace,” Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP national webinar, October 2012
- “Best Practices in Managing the ADA & FMLA,” Council on Education in Management’s Certificate Program in FMLA & ADA Compliance & Best Practice, June 2010
- Support Staff
- Tagalog (Filipino)