Angeli Aragon is an experienced employment attorney, providing defense in litigation matters ranging from wage and hour, to discrimination, retaliation, harassment and wrongful termination, to unfair business practices. She assists clients in making employment and risk management decisions, and in conducting internal investigations. She defends against single and multiplaintiff suits, class action suits and complex litigation matters.
Angeli also provides defense in litigation matters involving trade secrets and misappropriation, defamation, right of publicity and unfair competition. She assists in appeals by authoring appellate briefs and writs, and by presenting oral argument before the California Court of Appeal.
Angeli practices in both state and federal courts, and before governmental agencies. She is admitted to practice before all California state courts, before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and before the U.S. District Court for the Central, Southern, and Northern Districts of California.
Angeli graduated from UCLA with a BA in Political Science, where she was a member of the Political Science Honor Society and a recipient of the Regents Academic Scholarship.
Angeli received her J.D. from the UCLA School of Law. While at UCLA Law School, Angeli was a member of the Moot Court Honors Program. Angeli also served as a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Cynthia Holcomb Hall of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Angeli was President of the Philippine American Bar Association of Los Angeles County (PABA) in 2010-2011.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
- J.D., UCLA School of Law
- B.A., UCLA
Professional Organization Memberships
- Philippine American Bar Association (PABA) - Advisory Board 2012 – 2018; Chairman of Board of Governors 2011 – 2012; President 2010-2011
- Los Angeles County Bar Association: Amicus Brief Committee Member
- National Association Pacific American Bar Association, Asian Pacific American Bar Associatio
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Professionals in Human Resources Association (PIHRA)
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- “Wage Law Compliance 2013: Is There an App for That?” Montage Insurance Solutions, My HR Summit, Woodland Hills, California, April 2013
- “Top Tips for Preventing Harassment in the Workplace,” Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP national webinar, October 2012
- “Best Practices in Managing the ADA & FMLA,” Council on Education in Management’s Certificate Program in FMLA & ADA Compliance & Best Practice, June 2010
- Tagalog (Filipino)