- Professional Overview
Alex Hawgood is an associate attorney in the Labor and Employment practice group at O’Hagan and Meyer. He defends employers in a variety of industries from cases involving claims for wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, as well as individual, PAGA, and class action wage & hour disputes.
Prior to joining O’Hagan and Meyer, Alex worked at a law firm litigating individual wrongful termination and wage and hour claims for both employers and employees. Before moving back to California, Alex has also litigated multiple housing discrimination cases in state trial and appellate courts, including obtaining certiorari at the Maryland Court of Appeals. During law school, Alex clerked for the Department of Labor, Office of the Solicitor where he worked on claims involving violations of OSHA and the FLSA.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- University of Chicago, Law School – J.D.
- University of California, San Diego – B.A.
- Political Science, magna cum lade
- Central District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Eastern District of Virginia
- Western District of Virginia
- New York
- Professional Organization Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- California Lawyers Association, Employment Section