Elizabeth M. Bartolucci serves as Special Counsel to the firm, having extensive litigation background in commercial, insurance, and tort law. After beginning her legal career as an attorney with the Illinois Appellate Court (1995-1997), Elizabeth joined the firm O’Hagan, Smith & Amundsen, where she defended clients in tort and commercial litigation. Elizabeth then spent several years practicing in San Francisco, California, where she worked in the surety group of Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold, representing national surety corporations in surety and bankruptcy litigation in state and federal courts. Elizabeth then returned to O’Hagan, Smith & Amundsen, where her work focused on insurance coverage, professional liability, and appellate matters.
Elizabeth has worked in-house with Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company, first as a Claims Specialist handling legal and accounting malpractice claims and, later, as counsel with FFIC’s coverage counsel’s office.
Today, Elizabeth’s practice is focused on appellate matters, insurance coverage counseling and litigation, professional liability and commercial litigation. She has obtained favorable results for clients in several, notable appellate matters, including:
- Gary Jet Ctr., Inc. v. AFCO AvPORTS Mgmt. LLC, 863 F.3d 718 (7th Cir. 2017)
- Board of Educ. of Woodland Cmty. Consol. Sch. Dist. 50 v. Illinois State Charter Sch. Comm’n, 2016 IL App (1st) 151372, 60 N.E.3d 107
- Wade v. Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 2015 IL App (4th) 141067, 39 N.E.3d 1141
- People ex rel. Madigan v. Nagle Station, LLC, 2017 IL App (1st) 160534-U
Elizabeth graduated from Michigan State University, earning her B.S. in 1989. She received her Juris Doctorate degree from John Marshall Law School in 1995. While at John Marshall, Elizabeth was an assistant editor (and published author) of The John Marshall Journal of Computer and Information Law. She was also a recipient of a Dean’s Scholarship, and on the Dean’s List.
- State Bar Admissions: Illinois, California
- Federal Bar Admissions: U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois and the Northern District of California.
- Member: Appellate Lawyers Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Two Summary Judgments Affirmed on Appeal
- Mr. Meyer and Ms. Bartolucci on appeal, obtain an Appellate Affirmance
- Author, “Brown v. Iowa Legislative Council: The Application of the FOIA to Computerized Government Records,” John Marshall Journal of Computer and Information Law, October 1994.
- Author and Presenter, “Coverage Update”, Professional Liability Attorney Network, PLAN Regional Workshop New York, June 2009