- Professional Overview Sumy Kim is a partner in the San Francisco office of O’Hagan Meyer and a member of the Employment Litigation practice. Ms. Kim is a skilled litigator and defends employers and individual defendants in discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, retaliation, and wage and hour litigation. Ms. Kim’s litigation philosophy is to provide aggressive representation for her clients while ensuring they are well-informed to make difficult business decisions during the process. Ms. Kim also provides preventative counseling to employers regarding all aspects of CA employment practices.Prior to her career in defense, Ms. Kim was an associate at a plaintiff-side civil litigation firm where she litigated primarily employment disputes. Ms. Kim’s former experience includes litigating individual and class actions from the plaintiffs’ side, giving her invaluable insight into the thought processes and litigation strategies of plaintiffs’ counsel.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- B.A from University of California, Irvine.
- J.D. from Golden Gate School of Law.
- United States District Court for the Central District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2023 "Ones to Watch" — Labor and Employment Law - Management. Pro Bono & Philanthropy
- President's Volunteer Award
- Dean's List
- Recipient of the Cali Award
- Recipient of the Witkin Award