- Professional Overview
Sam Edgerton is a partner of O’Hagan Meyer in its Los Angeles and Orange County offices. He is the Co-Chair of the firm’s Financial Services and Securities Group. Sam is a trial attorney with extensive litigation experience in federal and state federal courts, as well as FINRA arbitration matters. A former prosecutor, Sam has extensive experience in white collar defense in government cases both civil and criminal where he represents officers and directors of public and private companies. He also represents a myriad of licensed professionals such as financial planners, insurance agents, accounting professionals and lawyers.
Earlier in his career, Sam worked as a federal prosecutor both with the Office of Enforcement of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in Los Angeles and as a Special Assistant United States Attorney in Los Angeles (Criminal Division). Outside of his law practice, Sam previously served as Mayor and Councilman of Hermosa Beach, having been elected by popular vote in 1991, 1995, 1999 and 2003.
Sam is a member of the State Bars of California, New York, Massachusetts and the District of Columbia. He is also admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- Catholic University Law School, Juris Doctorate, 1982
- Boston University, B.A., 1978, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Professional Organization Memberships
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Massachusetts
- State Bar of the District of Columbia
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches REPORTED CASES:
- Stueve et al. v. Buchalter Nemer, et al. 7 Cal. App.5th 746 (2017)
- Florence Maggio v. Windward Capital Management Co., 80 Cal. App. 4th 1210 (2000)
- National Mortgage Equity Corp. Mortgage Pool Cert. Sec. Litigation, 682 F. Supp. 1073 (U.S. Dist. Ct. 1987)