Daniel Nolan is a partner in the Chicago office of O’Hagan Meyer. Dan’s practice focuses on the representation of insurance and financial agents and brokers, attorneys, accountants, directors, officers and many other professionals. Over the course of his career, Dan has represented a variety of professionals in litigation and other alternative dispute resolutions. Dan regularly consults with and represents directors and officers of Not-For-Profit Corporations, including Condominium and Homeowner Associations, for both internal and external disputes. Dan is also a member of PLAN (Professional Liability Attorney Network), a national organization dedicated to the defense of professionals, directors and officers.
Dan consults with, represents, and defends insurers directly against claims for bad-faith and extra contractual liability. Dan’s practice includes both first-party and third-party insurance coverage, with a focus on arson, fraud and collusion. Dan’s clients also consult with him on the proper management of fire loss investigations and the preservation of evidence.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
Dan received his Juris Doctorate with honors from Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1997. He received his Certified Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation in 1999. Dan received his Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in Economics from St. Lawrence University in Canton, New York in 1985. He graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, and was an All-American Lacrosse Midfielder.
Professional Organization Memberships
- Member, Certified Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) Agent and Broker Section
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Illinois Defense Council (IDC)
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- Daniel J. Nolan – Motion for Directed Verdict Granted
- “Duty – A Modernized Guide for Defending the Insurance Producer Claim”, For The Defense (DRI, January 2011)
- Co-Speaker, Public Sector Fraud: From a Forensic Auditor’s Perspective, Illinois ASBO Conference (2014)
- Co-Author, Duty – A Modernized Guide for Defending the Insurance Producer Claim, DRI (2011)
- Presenter, Application Fraud: An Illinois Case Study, National Society of Professional Insurance Investigators, IL Chapter, Downers Grove (2009)
- Presenter, Taking Charge of Condominium Claims: The Illinois Condominium Property Act, to Western Loss Association, Chicago (2007)
- Presenter, Illinois Insurance Producers: Standards of Care, to Claims Professionals, Chicago (2007)
- Presenter, Mortgagee Property Claims, to Claims Professionals, Chicago (2005)
- Co-Author, Pleadings, IICLE (1999)