Sean’s practice is focused on the areas of professional liability defense, commercial litigation, construction law, intellectual property, and employment litigation. Sean regularly represents businesses and professionals, including architects, engineers, financial services professionals, accountants and other professional service providers. He has extensive litigation experience in both Virginia state and federal courts, as well as in multiple arbitration forums.
Sean regularly represents design professionals in the defense of professional liability claims, as well as in matters involving contracts, licensing and regulatory concerns, and intellectual property issues. Sean frequently speaks at design professional seminars on issues regarding copyrights and ownership of instruments of service and has published articles on topics affecting the defense of architects and engineers in professional liability claims. Sean’s practice includes a particular focus in investment and financial services matters, including representing broker dealers and investment advisors in court and in arbitrations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
- B.S., Business - Wake Forest University
- J.D., cum laude - T.C. Williams School of Law, University of Richmond
Professional Organization Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Allied Member - American Institute of Architects, Virginia Society
- Founding Member, designVA
- Richmond Bar Association
- Securities Industry & Financial Markets Association - Compliance & Legal Division
- Virginia Bar Association
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- Thomas Reuters, “Virginia Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” 2011- 2019