- Professional Overview Nicole Baldwin is an Associate in the Employment practice at O’Hagan Meyer, where she advises and represents companies on a variety of personnel matters. Given the complexities of operating a business in California, even the most well-intentioned companies may find themselves involved in litigation. From defending against wage and hour class action / PAGA cases, to counseling clients regarding daily operations, Nicole provides a strategic outlook for complying with the myriad of California laws. Nicole is an experienced advocate who has represented clients from the inception of a case, throughout the discovery and mediation process, and during trial. She has worked on matters involving state court, federal court, arbitration, DLSE, EEOC, and various government administrative proceedings. With an eye for prevention, Nicole has conducted numerous trainings and networking events for HR professionals seeking continuing education credits. She has also taught courses at UCSD’s ABA accredited paralegal program.
- Practice Areas
- Education and Admissions
- Undergraduate from Virginia Tech.
- J.D. from California Western School of Law.
- California State Bar
- Professional Organization Memberships
- California Bar Association
- News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- Hosted monthly HR events with various topics (HRCI/SHRM credits, in person & webinars, 2019 – 2020).
- Train the Trainer: Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (HRCI/SHRM credits, Dec. 2019).
- Civil Litigation & Legal Research courses, UC San Diego Extension (ABA accredited, 2019).
- "Mindful Management in HR: Caring Leadership Begins with Self-Care" by Nicole C. Baldwin and Danielle Brescia (HRCI/SHRM credits April 2018) Chopra Center.
- "Taking HR to the Next Level: Through Wellness, Metrics and Effective Communication", co-presenter (HRCI/SHRM credits, Nov. 2017).
- "Supporting and Engaging Your Workforce Through Wellness", co-presenter (HRCI/SHRM credits, Aug. 2016).
- "The New Frontier: Exploring the Wild West of Wellness Programs", presenter (MCLE/HRCI credits, Jan. 2016).
- California Employment Law Updates (MCLE/HRCI credits) (ongoing).
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training (ongoing).