John Shinn is a versatile attorney who brings a contemporary approach to both litigation and transactional matters. His clients span across a wide range of industries including sports, entertainment, SaaS, healthcare, insurance and hospitality. John was selected as a 2019 Super Lawyers Rising Star in the practice of entertainment & sports.
As a litigator, John has extensive trial experience in commercial disputes, labor & employment, governmental hearings, insurance coverage and negligence defense. As a corporate attorney, John assists his clients with entity formation, financing and venture capital, corporate governance, succession planning and governmental licensing.
John began his legal career at Korein Tillery, LLC in St. Louis, one of the country’s leading plaintiffs’ complex-litigation firms and then to Adler Pollock & Sheehan P.C. in Boston.
In addition to being a multi-faceted attorney, John is a MLBPA Certified Player Agent representing professional baseball players and advising amateur players and their families.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
- Hamilton College, B.A., 2002
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2005
Professional Organization Memberships
- Board of Advisors, Sports & Entertainment Law Institute at the University of New Hampshire School of Law
- Member, Missouri Bar
- Member, Massachusetts Bar
- Member, Connecticut Bar
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- 2019 Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Negotiated a guaranteed, multi-year contract for an MLB client who was injured and eligible for salary arbitration for the first time in his career.
- As lead counsel, obtained a successful M.G.L. c. 30A judicial review vacating and remanding an adverse administrative agency decision (Tufts Medical Center, Inc. v. Daniel Tsai, in his capacity as Director, Office of Medicaid, Suffolk Superior Court, C.A. No. 1784CV01706D).