Jessica Flage focuses her practice on the defense of individual health care providers, hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities in all aspects of litigation. She has experience as both primary and secondary counsel, and has obtained defense verdicts in multiple jurisdictions throughout Virginia, earning her recognition in Virginia Lawyers Weekly’s annual survey of “Largest Med Mal Defense Verdicts in Virginia.”
Ms. Flage is also versed in the fields of professional liability, legal malpractice and labor and employment. Ms. Flage has defended employers in various labor & employment matters including sexual harassment and discrimination. In addition, she provides employment counseling with regard to terminations and severance agreements. Her practice also includes frequent counsel on risk management issues, State Board Licensing matters, as well as defense of individuals and commercial entities in premises and general liability claims.
Jessica often lectures to hospital risk managers, physicians, practice managers, nurses, and other attorneys on healthcare topics related to her practice, and has published articles in Hampton Roads Physician Magazine and the Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys Journal.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
Jessica received her Juris Doctorate from American University, Washington College of Law in 2007. She received her Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, in 2004 [from The George Washington University with a double major in Psychology and Communication].
Professional Organization Memberships
- Virginia Bar Association
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Chapter of the American Society for Healthcare Risk Managers (Program Committee, 2016 – Present)
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Managers
- Virginia Health Care Association – Virginia Center for Assisted Living
- Defense Research Institute
- Physician Insurers Association of America
- Primerus Defense Institute Young Lawyers Group
- American Heart Association – Hampton Roads (2017 & 2018 Heart Ball Auction Chair)
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches