Jim has more than 30 years of experience in numerous areas including professional liability, construction accident litigation, pharmacy and medical malpractice, and litigation based on third party criminal acts. He handles all types of premises liability cases for major retailers including slip-and-fall, falling merchandise and false arrest/malicious prosecution.
An accomplished trial attorney, Jim is a Partner at the O’Hagan Meyer Chicago office. Jim has tried cases before juries throughout Illinois in state and federal courts as well as Northwest Indiana. He is licensed in both Illinois and Indiana and has pro haced in various other states.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
Jim graduated from the University of Illinois in 1978 and obtained his law degree at The John Marshall Law School where he was on the Law Review.
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- James P. Balog presents “Taking a Plaintiff Deposition” to O’Hagan LLC attorneys during Brown Bag Seminar“
- James Balog presents to Major National Retailer
- Defense Verdict for Major Retailer
- Jim has been named a SuperLawyer and an Illinois Super Lawyer (Chicago Magazine: 2012 and 2013 editions).
- Jim has also received an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell for his legal ability and ethics and was named a Leading Lawyer in personal injury defense law and alternative dispute resolution by the Law Bulletin Publishing Company.