Jaime L. Duguay is an Attorney in the Philadelphia office of O’Hagan Meyer. Jaime specializes in complex litigation matters with a focus on the areas of employment law, commercial litigation and the defense of professional malpractice and general liability litigation.
Jaime’s employment litigation practice focuses on the representation of employers against claims of discrimination and retaliation based on race, gender, age, disability, and religion, as well as cases concerning wrongful termination, wage and hour claims, medical leaves and whistle blower claims. Her practice also includes the litigation of restrictive covenants in employment contracts, disputes over confidentiality agreements and the misappropriation of trade secrets, as well as the drafting of employment contracts, severance packages, employee handbooks and disciplinary policies.
Prior to joining O’Hagan Meyer, Jaime founded and operated her own law firm in Atlanta Georgia, focusing solely on employment litigation matters. She relocated to Philadelphia from Atlanta in March 2020.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
Jaime obtained her law degree from New York Law School where she graduated cum laude in 2006. While in law school, Jaime served as the Vice President and Attorney General of the Student Bar Association, was a member of the Moot Court Association, and a member of Phi Alpha Delta. While attending New York Law School, Jaime also interned with the Litigation Bureau of the New York State Attorney General’s Office and was a Research Assistant to Professor Nadine Strossen, President of the American Civil Liberties Union.
Prior to obtaining her law degree, Jaime attended Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in History and Political Science. While at Emory, Jaime became a sister of Kappa Alpha Theta and served on its Executive Board, and also served on the University’s Inter-Sorority Council. Jaime also re-colonized Rho Lambda, the Greek Women’s Honor Society chapter at Emory University and served as Rho Lambda’s President. Jaime was also a Rho Chi (Rush Counselor), mentoring other women through the sorority rush process.
Jaime is admitted to practice in New York and Georgia. She is also admitted in the Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York, Northern District of Georgia, Middle District of Georgia, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- New York
Professional Organization Memberships
- Emory University – Mentor with the Emory Edge Internship Program (January 2020 – January 2021)
- Atlanta Bar Association – Labor and Employment Section Immediate Past Chair (June 2020 – June 2021)
- Atlanta Bar Association – Labor and Employment Section Chair (June 2019 – June 2020)
- Atlanta Bar Association – Side Bar Ambassador (June 2019 – June 2020)
- Atlanta Bar Association – Labor and Employment Section Vice Chair and Chair Elect (June 2018 – June 2019)
- Atlanta Bar Association – Labor and Employment Section Secretary (June 2017 – June 2018)
- Atlanta Bar Association – Labor and Employment Section Executive Board Member (June 2015 – June 2019)
- Atlanta Bar Association – Women in the Profession Board Member (June 2015 – June 2017)
- Forever Family – Young Professional Board Member (August 2016 – August 2017)
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers – Board Member and Co-Chair of Leadership Committee (June 2015 – June 2016)
- Georgia Association for Women Lawyers – Board Member and Chair of Membership Committee (June 2014 – June 2015)
- Graduate of 2014 GAWL Leadership Academy
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- “Emerging Exposures in Employment Litigation from Covid-19,” Atlanta Bar Association Employment and Labor Law Section, October 9, 2020
- Super Lawyers 2020 Rising Star – Employment Litigation
- Super Lawyers 2019 Rising Star – Employment Litigation
- Super Lawyers 2018 Rising Star – Employment Litigation
- Super Lawyers 2016 Rising Star – Employment Litigation
- Graduate of 2014 Georgia Association of Women Lawyers Leadership Academy
- GAWL Edu: CLE presentation on negotiating starting salary and raises, addressing performance reviews, and navigating the law firm workplace, August 2019
- Atlanta Bar Association: March Madness Pro Bono Program, Moderator – Classifying Employees Correctly, March 2017
- Atlanta Bar Association: March Madness Pro Bono Program, Moderator – Employment Law for Non-Profits, March 2016
- GAWL Edu: CLE presentation on written discovery top 10 best practices, December 2015
- GAWL Edu; CLE presentation on written discovery top 10 best practices, June 2015
- The Leader Within CLE presentation; panel speaker on Mentor/Mentee relationship, January 2015
- “Hurt on the Job,” Restaurant Startup and Growth. Co-authored article, September 2010
- Sexual harassment and discrimination training, Buckhead Life Restaurant Group, Atlanta, GA June 2010
- Guest lecturer for Advanced Nutrition Services Management in the Graduate Coordinator Program in Dietetics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA July 2009.
- Philabundance, Volunteer, Philadelphia, PA
- Planned Parenthood of Atlanta, Patient Escort, Atlanta, GA
- Empire Mock Trial, Volunteer Judge, Atlanta, GA
- United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation, Committee Member of annual Energy for Life Walk, Atlanta, GA
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Atlanta, GA
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, New York, NY