Eric Sigman focusses his practice corporate law matters, with a particular concentration on franchise law, guiding his clients through a variety of matters including corporate formation, capitalization, succession planning, commercial leasing, and mergers and acquisitions. Clients rely upon Eric’s strong negotiation, organizational and practical problem-solving skills that make his transactional work stand out. In his franchise practice, Eric handles franchise agreement negotiations, franchise disclosure document drafting, analysis and review, commercial real estate, retail leasing, corporate formation and any related business counseling. His clients look to his wide range of experience helping to establish retail franchises across the country.
In his corporate law practice, Eric counsels clients with mergers and acquisitions, asset and stock purchases, buy-sell agreements, corporate formation, partnership agreements, contract drafting and review and other general corporate matters.
Prior to joining O’Hagan Meyer, Eric was a partner at Laredo & Smith, LLP as well as Of Counsel at McLane Middleton, PA. In addition, Eric was the founding partner and owner of Sigman Law Office, P.C. which focused on real estate and business law matters. He is an active member is the USA 500 Clubs and ProVisors networking organizations and a member of the board of directors of the New England Business Broker’s Association. Eric is a regular presenter on a variety of corporate topics at Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education and the Boston Bar Association.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology from the University of Vermont
- J.D. from Suffolk University
Professional Organization Memberships
- USA 500 Clubs
- Boston Bar Association
- New England Business Broker’s Association
- New England Franchise Association
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- 2012, 2016 and 2017 Superlawyers Rising Star
- “Contract Drafting and Negotiation,” Boston Bar Association (March, 2018)
- “Contract Review, Negotiation & Analysis,” MCLE (November 2016 & 2017)
- “Nuts and Bolts of Partnership Agreements” (November 2016)
- “Cost Conscious Tax and HR Strategies for Employing Foreign Workers,” International Business Series (October 2016)
- Franchise Law for Business Brokers (April, 2015 and October 2016)