Charles Sipe’s practice focuses on the defense of skilled nursing, assisted living and long-term care facilities, physicians, as well as other health care professionals.
Charles has extensive trial experience resulting in defense verdicts in over twenty-four jurisdictions throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia and in U.S. District Court. He also frequently represents individual health care providers and health care facilities in various alternative dispute resolution proceedings, such as mediation and arbitration. His representation of health care facilities also extends to the defense of premises liability suits and complaints.
Charles has experience in commercial litigation and general liability defense. Unique to his practice is his recurrent representation of health care providers in criminal matters before their respective licensing and regulatory board, in civil or administrative hearings, and in criminal courts of law. Charles has earned frequent recognition in Virginia Lawyers Weekly’s annual survey of “Largest Med Mal Defense Verdicts in Virginia.”
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
Charles received his Juris Doctorate from George Mason University in 1990. He received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Virginia in 1987.
- District of Columbia
Professional Organization Memberships
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- Charlottesville-Albemarle Bar Association
- Judicial Nominations Committee (2005-Present)
- Board of Directors (1991-1993)
- Secretary (1998-1991)
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Virginia Health Care Association
- Contributing Author, Journal of the College of Radiology