Mr. Inamine defends employers against claims and lawsuits alleging discrimination, harassment, retaliation, unfair pay, and PAGA and class action wage and hour violations. He also advises employers on contracts, warranties, ADA/Unruh issues, healthcare, and risk management. And, Mr. Inamine provides training on sexual harassment and other employment issues.
Mr. Inamine also defends clients facing professional liability claims, including the defense of construction effect cases, legal malpractice actions, and the defense of other professionals facing claims and litigation in state and federal court.
- Practice Areas
Education and Admissions
- University of Hawaii, BA Economics
- University of Southern California, J.D.
Professional Organization Memberships
- California State Bar
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Legal Council on Legal Diversity, Mentor Program
News, Honors, Publications & Speeches
- “Proposed Calif. Anti-Discrimination Regs Cast A Wide Net,” Law360 (Employment), December 8, 2017
- “You Snooze, You Lose: What an Employer Should First Do When Notified of a Legal Action,” November 1, 2016 (co-author, Joanne Madden)
- “Reducing The Risks of Employment Claims Relating to Long-Term Care Facilities: Part 1 – Preventing Lawsuits,” Long Term Care Counsel, October 19, 2016 (co-author, Joanne Madden)
- “Risky Business In California: Drug Testing Of Long-Term Care Workers”, Long Term Care Counsel, September 6, 2016
- “California Equal Pay a Reality In 2016,” EPLI Risk, November 2015.
- “New California Laws Target Whistleblower Retaliation, Expand Protection for Immigrant Workers,” Corporate Compliance Insight, March 4, 2014.
- “Religion in the Workplace,” Employment Law Strategist, August 2013.
- “Separation Anxiety in California: Reducing the Risks of Employee Departures,” PIHRA Ventura, March 19, 2015.
- “Religious Accommodation in California: God Help Us All!” California HR Conference, August 26-28, 2013, Anaheim, CA.
- “WorkWise: Mental health in hiring,” Knoxville News Sentinal (USA Today Network), July 24, 2017.
- “9th Circ. Ruling May Stall Uber Driver Classification Suits,” Law360, September 9, 2016.
- “Uber Primed For Hard Fight After $100M Labor Deal Rejected,” Law360, August 19, 2016.
- “Do the Law and Good Manners Intersect on ADA Matters,” Los Angeles Times, June 9, 2013.
- “Company May Be Resigned to Paying for Ex-Employee’s Airfare,” Los Angeles Times, May 5, 2013.
- California Super Lawyer