In a digital world, maintaining control of privacy and confidential data is paramount. But as technology continues to grow and expand, so does the world of cyber-crime.
As more personal information is being transferred to online portals, the risk of digital theft becomes increasingly more prevalent. When your personal information falls into the hands of a stranger, it can be harmful to not only the clients you serve, but also your personal or professional reputation. In the event of this type of security breach, where can you turn?
O’Hagan Meyer attorneys are equipped to manage all of your cyber liability needs. Our firm members act as Breach Coaches/Incident Advisors for private companies, not-for-profits, and professional service firms throughout the country.
As your Breach Coach/Incident Advisor, we will execute the following actions:
- Determine whether the data compromised by a security breach contained personal information as defined by state security breach laws
- Create an efficient and effective incident response plan to notify the proper parties as required by state and federal law
- Evaluate and mitigate damages resulting from the data breach
O’Hagan Meyer stands ready to counsel clients on ethical implications, reputation-management, and the subsequent risks following any data breach. Your safety and protection is our highest priority.
If your security breach evolves into a situation that requires legal defense, O’Hagan Meyer has an experienced team of cyber liability attorneys in place to efficiently and successfully resolve your matter.
O’Hagan Meyer Breach Coach/Incident Advisors work with a variety of experts and vendors to facilitate crisis management, including the following:
- Public Relations firms
- Information Technology Consultants
- Forensic Accountants
- Credit Monitoring Services
Recuperation of losses following a data breach should be comprehensive and anticipatory. O’Hagan Meyer ensures that no stone is left unturned, enabling your business/personal reputation to revert to its former caliber and credit.
When dealing in the complicated world of Cyber Liability, it is important to have an expert by your side. O’Hagan Meyer Partner Kevin O’Hagan has extensive experience lecturing on the ever-changing topic of Cyber Liability, including the following presentations:
- “Cyber Liability: Trends and Developments: Where We Are and Where We Are Going” – PLAN Regional Meeting: Chicago ’15 (July 29, 2015) Cyber Liability – Trends and Developments – Where We Are and Where We Are Going
- “Cyber Liability: Trends and Developments: Where We Are and Where We Are Going” – PLAN Regional Meeting: New York ’15 (June 18, 2015)
- “Cyber Liability: Trends and Developments: Where We Are and Where We Are Going” – PLAN Regional Meeting: Kansas City ’15 (March 12, 2015)
- “Cyber Liability: An Update on Claims and the State of the Market” – PLAN Regional Meeting: New York ’12 (June 28, 2012)
- “Cyber Liability: An Update on Claims and the State of the Market” – PLAN Regional Meeting: Hartford ’12 (May 31, 2012)
- “Star Wars in the New Millennium: Cyber Liability, Data Risk and Electronic Discovery” – PLAN Regional Meeting: Atlanta ’10 (August 18, 2010)
- “Cyber Liability: The Perils of Social Networking” – PLAN Regional Meeting: Hartford ’10 (April 29, 2010)
At O’Hagan Meyer, we will work to defend your privacy and reputation—digital and otherwise.