Jamey Davidson is a Partner in our Chicago office. Jamey has a very diversified practice. He often represents nursing homes and extended care facilities in cases regarding the care and treatment of residents as well as physicians and hospitals in medical malpractice cases. Further, Jamey represents insurance companies as well as their insureds in Cyber Liability matters wherein he acts as Breach Coach and Privacy Counsel to Law Firms and other professional organizations to assist in responding to cyberattacks and cyber threats. Further, he acts as monitoring counsel for domestic and London based cyber and professional liability carriers for mattes all over the country. Jamey also routinely represents condominium associations and other common interest community associations and their board members in both a general counsel capacity as well as defense counsel. Finally, Jamey represents lawyers, accountants, real estate agents and brokers and all other types of professionals in professional liability matters. Finally, Jamey counsels employers and individuals in employment and commercial disputes.
Jamey has been published and frequently lectures on ethical issues and legal responsibilities of lawyers. He has written and lectured on damages in legal malpractice actions, on conforming law firm websites to the Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct and on issues of attorney-client privilege and client confidentiality. Jamey also frequently lectures on cyber liability and cyber liability insurance issues.
Finally, Jamey has extensive experience defending class action lawsuits under the Fair Debt Collection Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and other state and federal consumer protection statutes.
Jamey received his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 2003, where he graduated cum laude. While at Loyola, he was a Senior Member of Loyola’s Law Review, Loyola Law Journal, served as a legal writing tutor and was a National Champion at the Wagner Labor and Capital Employment Law Moot Court competition, besting over 30 other schools.
Jamey received his Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Ball State University in 2000, where he graduated cum laude and was elected Student Government President.
- Chicago Bar Association
- Co-chair of Professional Liability Committee of Young Lawyers Section 2009-2010
- Illinois Bar Association
- Moderator: Tips and Traps of Placing and Underwriting a Cyber Policy (PLUS Richmond September 2016)
- Faculty Speaker: What Covers What? The Interplay and Overlap of Professional Liability and Cyber Liability Coverage (Plus Regional Conference, May 2017)
- Faculty Speaker: Practicing Legal Ethics in the Electronic Law Office (March and September 2008).
- Avoiding The Ethical Issues With Law Firm Websites (Published by HalfMoon, LLC March, 2008).
- Does the 51 Percent Rule Apply to Legal Malpractice Actions? (Illinois Bar Journal, June 2009).
- Faculty Speaker: Understanding the Duty of Confidentiality and Attorney-Client Privilege and Current Ethical Issues.(November 2008, March and June 2009).
- Moderator: The New Rules of Professional Conduct (Chicago Bar Association, June, 2010)
- The Growing Prevalence of Law Firm ‘In-House Counsel’ and the Potential Attorney-Client Privilege Issues in Legal Malpractice Cases. (Featured Article in DRI “Riding the E & O Line”, September 10, 2010).
- Faculty Speaker: Metadata: Avoiding the Ethical Mine Fields (April and November, 2010)